onsdag 7 augusti 2013

I want to amaze someone every day.

I have a picture in my head of a circus clown walking around giving children animal balloons, looking into their big eyes filled with amazement while the balloon is slowly transforming into the animal of their choice. I want to amaze people as well. Hell, thats why i go to work every day. But do I amaze people every day. No i do not, but i would like to. There are so much things that "I would like to". I imagine going to work where people were amazed by the things we could do for each other. 

I would like to see the face of the Incident Manager when a new Major Incident has occurred and before she even picks up the phone, all information about the last 24 hours of "tickets of any sort" is nicely structured based on the service and infrastructure involved in the Major Incident.

I would like to see the face of a customer getting a phone call from the Service Desk informing that the issue she experienced earlier is now solved and the customer realizes that she had never reported the issue in the first place.  

I would like to see the face of a manager when her group or function presents their short term and long term improvement plan, without her asking for it. Plan based on quality measurements and KPI's when she understands that it will solve the stuff her boss been nagging about. 

I would like to see the face of service customer when IT, in a constructive way, explains the implications, alternatives, risks, options and costs associated with their latest demand in an understandable way without one single IT term.

I would like to see the face of a coworker when a colleague steps up and says that I think you are doing a great job and leaves without expecting and answer or gratitude. 

I would like to see the face of a customer when IT calls to offer a new service which solves the issues identified ahead.

I would like to see the face of a Service Desk agent when she answers a call and all information of the caller is automatically shown and interactive on her screen. The callers used services and applications, related events, related ongoing and resolved incidents, related earlier issues, related scheduled and performs changes etc.

I would like to see the face of a service responsible looking at a KPI dashboard realizing that it actually says something. No analysis is required and countermeasures and success factors are obvious and clear.

I would like to see the face of the service management tool responsible when a requestor specifies new demands by explaining their expected outcome, purpose and information required to get there instead of requesting new fields, forms and buttons.

I would like to see the face of a Operations Manager when realizing that the Problem Management Process he really did not want or understand actually solved the long running issues they have been struggling with and a happy customer just call him to tell him that.

I would like to see the face of a coworker using a whiteboard marker that actually work.

I would like to see the face of me when this list is fulfilled.

Well as you can se there is a lot of things "i would like to" and the list continues. Some day I will get there. That is my unswerving conviction and firm belief. call me a naive, thats ok. I think it is a compliment. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar